Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bed Rest


So, as you can see from the above picture, this is where I will be spending the next month. I love my bed, but now I must LOVE my bed. Here is why....On Monday, I went to the specialist. Dr. P said that everything looked great with the boys. Preston is 3 lbs, 8 oz. and Parker is now 4 lbs. After meeting with Dr. P, I went next door to my regular OB, Dr. B. I told her nurse that I had been feeling great with some swelling in my feet. They went ahead and did a fetal fiber nectin test to make sure I was not as risk for pre-term labor. We got a call later that evening from Dr. B's partner telling us that my test came back positive. She told us to head up to the hospital and they were going to hook me up to a monitor to measure their heart rates, contractions, etc. She told me that everything was going to be okay and that they would just probably give me a steriod shot and I would be able to come home. Ummm...I started to have a slight panic attack. Okay, not slight, major. My mind started racing... our bags were not packed, I haven't washed their clothes, we haven't put everything together yet, and most importantly....OUR BOYS ARE ONLY 31 weeks along! When we got to the hospital, we found that everything was okay with the boys. They gave me a steriod shot to help their lungs develop faster in case we were to deliver sooner than planned. The last thing they told us before we left is that I AM ON COMPLETE BED REST and can only get up to use the bathroom!!! Are you kidding me? I have no idea how to do this, but I know this is what I need to do for my boys. They are the number one priority and I need to do everything I can to keep them safe inside my womb for as long as possible. Rodney and I went back on Tuesday night for my second steroid shot and more monitoring. The boys are doing great and we just continue to pray that complete bed rest will give them more time to grow until God is ready for them to arrive.

2 comments:

Team Dale said...

So pretty much you are going to be the most up to date person in the BLOG world! I however..can hardly find time to get in my bed. ENJOY this, subscribe to netflix and abuse it!

Devoted Mommy said...

Oh Ang bless your heart. I'll be sending an email re: this. While it may be hard, enjoy your bed now while you can. ; ) love you!